Class GT2 Willie Hepburn
Class GT3 Jody Viana
GT4 Adrian Dalton
GT5 Jimmy Tsimenoglou
GTA Ben Morgenrood
See other Lap Records above
Photographs by Jeff Langeveldt and Paul van Niekerk
Class B Paul van Niekerk & Giles Darroch
Class C Kevin & Kalyn Miller
SRA Fritz Kleynhans
See BIG BOSS AUTO Newsletter above
Thank you to: SA SAFE, CHENRICK PUMPS, AMANZI CONTROLS, XSPHERE GRAPHICS, YOKOHAMA, A LINE WHEELS & BIG BOSS AUTO
We value your contributions and this assists greatly in enabling us to promote your brands and the series as we do. For 2016 we have some great news as we have secured two new sponsors for our series which will assist us to broaden our horizons even further .
These new sponsors are
& MOTUL LUBRICANTS
Thank you for joining our series
- For 2016 We have confirmed television coverage for at least 6 rounds of the championship
- We will have pre event ads and post-race reports in Motorsport World
- Racepics media has been hired to do pre race and post event publicity on Facebook and internet and to provide photography at events. They are also involved directly with the television coverage.
- Inland Championship should receive pre race and post-race reports in the Citizen Newspaper, these reports are to be done by Racepics.
- Very active social media platforms to promote our events through better promotion of categories on race days with track displays and grid walks which will be allocated to different categories on different days.
- Race programmes at most events where competitors can also post driver profiles and adverts for their sponsors at minimal cost
All of these efforts should make for events that are well promoted and can present a great platform for competitor to have a filled grid of good racing. Competitors must remember that they can also play a big role in promoting their categories with positive support and promotion and that this involvement can assist them to get personal sponsors. Every effort possible is being made to ensure we promote our series as best as possible and with a positive number of Members signing on since the beginning of the year we are expecting to have good grids. Contact your friends and have them come and join us at the inland championship.
TESTING AT RED STAR
Ben Morgenrood took his Mustang out to Red Star on the 26th January 2016, and we all are happy that, although some very tight corners, it will not be a problem for Super Saloons to race there.
My heartfelt thanks to Jaques and his team at Redstar Raceway for making the track available for testing of the Class GTA V8 Super Saloon category. I have to thank Ben and his team for giving up their time, not to mention Ben’s tedious task of having to drive a V8 Super Saloon time and time around the track. I am sure you all know that Red Star has a policy that the track direction is changed every six months. This means that if we race there in May we will race in an anti-clockwise direction, and if we race in November we will race in a clockwise direction. This required Ben to test in both directions, in fact on one particularly tight corner he tested both directions on the same lap! The run offs are smooth, and Ben’s statement that he did not have to do any three point turns at any of the corners. He also indicates that because of the smoothness of the track that it will be very kind to the tyres. The track side facilities are also SUPERB. Look forward to a great experience………Stewart